rebalance c-lightning plugin for the latest version of rebalance. The version here is still functional but is no longer under active development.Go to
Lightning Channel rebalancing tool for c-lightning
This tool helps to rebalance Lightning Network channel liquidity between two of your channels. Tested with c-lightning 0.7.0.
|WARNING: this software is highly experimental! Use it at your own responsibility!|
- Choose one of your channels, where your balance is higher than desired. The peer belongs to this channel will be the outgoing peer.
- Choose one of your channels, where your balance is less than desired. The peer belongs to this channel will be the incoming peer.
- Choose an amount you want to transfer in msatoshi (millisatoshi or 0.00000000001 BTC)
./rebalance.py outgoing_node_id incoming_node_id msatoshi
- If the script offers a route with an acceptable routing fee, hit Enter.
Warnings and Tips
- Be patient! This software is highly experimental.
- If the rebalance failed, try again with a smaller amount.
- However, some node does not forwards too small amounts, i.e. less than a thousand msatoshi.
- After some failed attempts, check the
rebalance.logfor further information.
- If the rebalance does not succeed after several attempts, please leave it! 10-20 attempts are okay, but more than 30 failed attempts may cause a channel closure!
- When running the script, please check the fee for the offered route before hit Enter! This fee goes to the routing nodes. Transactions are irreversible! After a successful rebalance, there is no way to regain this fee!