git status show that all of my files are modified?
FubuMVC is built by Windows users, so all of the text files have CRLF line endings. These line endings are stored as-is in git (which means we all have autocrlf turned off). If you have autocrlf enabled, when you retrieve files from git, it will modify all of your files. Your best bet is to turn off autocrlf, and re-create your clone of FubuMVC.
- Delete your local clone of the FubuMVC repository
git config --global core.autocrlf false
git config --system core.autocrlf false
- Clone the FubuMVC repository again
Where is CommonAssemblyInfo.cs?
CommonAssemblyInfo.cs is generated by the build. The build script requires Ruby with rake installed.
InstallGems.batto get the ruby dependencies (only needs to be run once per computer)
- open a command prompt to the root folder and type
raketo execute rakefile.rb
If you do not have ruby:
- You need to manually create a src\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs file
echo // > src\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs
- open src\FubuMVC.sln with Visual Studio and Build the solution