If you just want to play Game Play, you can find it online at https://gameplaycolor.com.
Check out the project, update the submodules, install the brew-based dependencies, and install the additional Python dependencies:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:jbmorley/gameplay.git cd gameplay git submodule update --init --recursive cat brew.txt | xargs brew install pip install --user -r requirements.txt
For example, building the release version of Game Play as hosted on gameplaycolor.com can be done by running the following command from the root of the repository:
scripts/build build settings/release.json
The build will be created in the
build directory, and a corresponding *.tar.gz will be creatd in
archives, tagged with the git sha and settings name (e.g.,
- Fix audio playback on iOS 11.
- Updating Google Drive authentication.
- Improving the first run messaging.
- Fixing the icon on the sign in page.
- Fixing some crashes.
- Re-enable crash reporting.
- Bug fixes.
- Fixing a small bug in artwork lookup.
- Minor improvements to logging.
- Adding a mechanism to email logs.
- New improved game library.
- Catching up to upstream GameBoy-Online.
- Some UI improvements.
- Don't animate the console when restoring games.
- Temporarily disabling button animations to improve audio performance.
- New in-game menu.
- Menu option for resetting the current game.
- Menu option for Zelda fans: A + B + Select + Start.
- Support for diagonal directions using the d-pad.
- Improved scrolling in the game library.
- Setting for console color.
- Work-around for audio playback issues on iPhone 6.
- Adding support for different emulation speeds.
- Adding scrolling to the settings dialog on small screens.
- Adding the version to the settings dialog.
- Moving the account sign out and 'Say Thanks' into a new settings dialog.
- Adding the option to disable sound; use this to listen to your own music!
- Fixing early Google Drive session expiry.
- Minor UI tweaks.
- Show release notes when informing users about updates.
- Only display errors if no update is available.
- Improving guards against loading corrupt ROMs.
- Correcting the characters used on the d-pad and in the 'Say Thanks' link on iOS 8.3.
- Adding the application version, screen size and user agent string into the logs.
- Improved logging.
- Better error handling of missing ROMs.
- Improving information available in crash log emails.
- Fixing some bugs which resulted in an attmept to play and save ROMs that had failed to download.
- Introduced a recovery mechanism for the above scenario.
- Improved debugging tools.
- Layout support for iPhone 4 and 4S.
- Changing the default error handler to ignore errors from cross-origin scripts.
- Fixed crash when inspecting Google Drive files with no extension.
- Preventing application from running if the user cancels database creation.
- Fixed crash when Google Drive returned an empty response.
- Fixed crash due to incorrectly named logging call.
- Initial release of Game Play.
- Initial release of Game Play.
Many thanks to:
- Grant Galitz for the GameBoy-Online emulator and core.
- Pedro Ladaria for writing the JSGB core which served as inspiration for the first version of Game Play.
- David McLeod for graphical inspiration on Dribbble and for letting me know about MicrogrammaD-MediExte.
- Paul Ledger for suggesting the name 'Game Play'.
- Pavlos Vinieratos for help and suggestions testing early builds.
- Game Boy and Game Boy Color are trademarks of Nintendo Co., Ltd.. All rights reserved.
- Downloading copied ROMs is illegal: only use images you have created from ROMs you own yourself.
- InSeven Limited is an independent software company and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo Co., Ltd..
Third Party Sources
Game Play includes the following third party sources:
- jQuery - Copyright (C) 2013 jQuery Foundation and other contributors
- GameBoy-Online - Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Grant Galitz