Game Play Color
If you just want to play Game Play, you can find it online at https://gameplaycolor.com.
Check out the project, update the submodules, install the brew-based dependencies, and install the additional Python dependencies:
git clone email@example.com:gameplaycolor/gameplaycolor.git cd gameplaycolor git submodule update --init --recursive scripts/install-dependencies.sh
It may be necessary to install pipenv as follows:
pip3 install pipenv
For example, building the release version of Game Play as hosted on gameplaycolor.com can be done by running the following command from the root of the repository:
scripts/gameplay build settings/release.json
The build will be created in the
build directory, and a corresponding *.tar.gz will be created in
archives, tagged with the git sha and settings name (e.g.,
gameplay build script includes a lightweight server for local development:
This does not automatically build the project, so it's necessary to build the project using the instructions above whenever you make a change.
Many thanks to:
- Grant Galitz for the GameBoy-Online emulator and core.
- Pedro Ladaria for writing the JSGB core which served as inspiration for the first version of Game Play.
- David McLeod for graphical inspiration on Dribbble and for letting me know about MicrogrammaD-MediExte.
- Paul Ledger for suggesting the name 'Game Play'.
- Pavlos Vinieratos for help and suggestions testing early builds.
- Game Boy and Game Boy Color are trademarks of Nintendo Co., Ltd.. All rights reserved.
- Downloading copied ROMs is illegal: only use images you have created from ROMs you own yourself.
- InSeven Limited is an independent software company and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo Co., Ltd..
Third Party Sources
Game Play includes the following third party sources: