Gammapy Coding Sprint, February 2019, Paris
- Start: Monday, February 25, 2019 at 2 pm
- End: Friday, March 1, 2019 at noon
- Location: Paris, France. Observatoire de Paris, salle du Levant.
- Contacts: Régis Terrier, Axel Donath
This meeting is a "coding sprint" for people who commit to develop Gammapy (http://gammapy.org/). The objective is to distribute tasks defined in several PIGS and implement new features in Gammapy. This is not a workshop how to use Gammapy. We will also not do any tutorials how to hack on Gammapy, i.e. teach git, Github, Python, pytest and Sphinx. Instead we will pair experienced and new people and learn hands-on. If you want to prepare a bit, have a look at gammapy-dev-tutorial and learn a bit on your own before the coding sprint. Join the Gammapy Slack and feel free to ask anything there.
Travel and hotel
Location of the meeting
The meeting will take place in the observatoire de Paris, salle du Levant.
Entrance is at Avenue Denfert Rochereau, 77. The salle du Levant is in the northern part of the historical building. Two possible paths are indicated on the following plan.
Remote connection will be possible with eZuce (connection detail are here).
|14.00 - 15.30||Presentations 1|
|15.30 - 16.00||Coffee Break|
|16.00 - 18.00||Presentations 2 / Coding / Discussion Session|
Presentations (Gammapy Code Status and Plans for the Week):
- Regis Terrier: Welcome and general infos (5 min.)
- Fabio Pintore: Event sampling (Remote, 15 min.) [slides]
- Luca Giunti: Spatial models (10 min.) [slides]
- Atreyee Sinha: Maps / IRFMapMaker / MapDataset (15 min.) [slides]
- Judit Pérez Romero / José Enrique Ruiz: Extension for dark matter module (15 min.) [slides]
- Monica Seglar Arroyo: Finding gamma transients in simulated GW follow-ups with Gammapy (15 min.) [slides]
- Axel Donath: Gammapy Roadmap / Project suggestions for the coding sprint (10 min.) [slides]
- Discussion time (60 min.)
Tuesday to Friday
|9.00 - 12.30||Coding Session|
|12.30 - 14.00||Coding Lunch|
|14.00 - 18.00||Coding Session|
- Régis Terrier, APC, IN2P3/CNRS, France (registerrier)
- Axel Donath, MPIK Heidelberg, Germany (adonath)
- José Enrique Ruiz, IAA-CSIC Granada, Spain (bultako)
- Jouvin Léa,IFAE, Barcelona, Spain (JouvinLea)
- Atreyee Sinha, APC, IN2P3/CNRS, France (AtreyeeS)
- Fabio Acero, DAp, CEA-Saclay, France (facero)
- Judit Pérez-Romero, IFT UAM-CSIC, Madrid, Spain (peroju)
- Monica Seglar-Arroyo, CEA-Saclay, France (mseglar)
- Luca Giunti, APC & DAp, IN2P3/CNRS & CEA_Saclay, France (luca-giunti)
- Bruno Khelifi, APC, IN2P3/CNRS, France (bkhelifi)
- Julien Lefaucheur, DAp, CEA-Saclay, France (jjlk)
- Catherine Boisson, LUTH, Observatoire de Paris, France