Hi there, Jay Here
A Software Engineer (individual contributor) with 5+ years of experience with a background in full-stack development and big data solutions. Passionate in developing great product offerings with great people, and great teams. Interested in systems engineering, software development, UI/UX and product management.
Profiles and Blog
- Blog: gandhijay.com
- LinkedIn: /in/jaygandhi7/
- Github: gandhi-jay (If you're reading this, you're already on this link.)
- LeetCode: leetcode.com/jaygandhi/
Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow - (From January 2019)
- Collaborated with multiple teams across the company.
- Developed Gantt/Grid Web Component using Now UI Framework (Seismic).
- With Row virtualization and reusable modular code, Scaled up Grid rendering with 7000 rows.
- Developed NodeMap (Relationship Map) Web Component using D3.js and Now UI Framework (Seismic).
- Developed Work Planner & Project workspace.
- Revamped Timesheet Service Portal. (35% reduction in customer incidents from the previous release)
- Security Champion, Part of Performance and Accessibility Guild.
Full Stack Developer at Report Garden - (June 2017 to January 2019)
- Worked on various Products across the company.
- Tech Stack: Ruby On Rails with React, Sidekiq with Redis, Multiple Postgres databases, python
- Optimized Webpack builds and created customized pop-up forms for third-party websites for a feature. (Reduced deployment time to 20 min from 35 min.)
- Built solution and framework with the help of Apache Spark with PySpark on EMR, various AWS services like Athena, Fargate, SES & Lambda for integration. (reduced the cost of integration by 80%)
- Tech Stack: Java, Various AWS services like lambda, ECS, SQS, Fargate, etc.
- Created a framework called drone which is background scheduled jobs in java which is based on AWS SQS.
- Integrated various third-party APIs which give marketing data for ReportGarden. Maintained and Updated various integrations.
- Tech Stack: Java, AWS lambda, Ruby On Rails with React, Sidekiq with Redis, CircleCi
- Created framework on Java (Scrapie) using JSoup to scrape various business directories which get details of the business. (90% reduction in total developer hours to integrate one directory)
- Built PDF Report generation solution using chrome headless and AWS Lambda which resulted in scale and reliability than the PhantomJS solution.
Lead Developer at Discover Dollar - (December 2015 to June 2017)
- Tech Stack: Node.js with express.js, MariaDB/MySQL and MongoDB, AngularJS, R, Apache Spark with PySpark, Amazon Web Services & Azure.
✨Started as one of the earliest employees as an Associate Developer. ✨
- End to end responsibilities, Deployment to Azure VM machine/ AWS EC2s, Monitoring, Ownership of the code, managing databases, analyzing client requirements & coordinating with data scientists.
- Recovered more than $1 million per quarter for the first client.
- Worked on huge datasets with R, Python & later PySpark.
- Managed Servers on Azure VM Machine for Apache Spark standalone cluster and Apache Zeppelin.
- Check out LinkedIn recommendation by Subu Rao (CEO & Founder of Discover Dollar).