- Institute for Advanced Biosciences
- E-Cell Simulation Environment
- E.coli multi-omics database
- Database of bacterial replication terminus
Kazuharu Arakawa, Ph.D.
G-language Project Leader Associate Professor
Institute for Advanced Biosciences Keio University
997-0017 Japan Tel/Fax: +81-235-29-0800 email@example.com
Clone this wiki locally
The G-language Genome Analysis Environment is a generic genome analysis environment aiming to:
1.Construct an integrated environment for the development of analysis software.
2.Systematically accumulate existing analysis software methodologies for analysis and their results.
3.Construct generic analysis packages that allow users to avoid redundancy in the process of analysis.
G-language Genome Analysis Environment provides a greater variety of useful genome analysis tools compared to most existing analysis software packages, and is also easily pluggable. All of its tools are accessible as Perl modules . Its Bacteria Analysis System enables users to quickly and effectively analyze bacterial genomes by simply inputting their Genbank files. Its Graphical User Interface is friendly to users who are unfamiliar with computer programming. Users can easily add programs to the G-language system as well as edit existing programs, when in need for additional analysis methods. The G-language Genome Analysis Environment will save programming time, and will guide users into a higher level of genome informatics.
- 2016/01/04 v.1.9.1 released!
- 2014/11/14 v.1.9.0 released!
- 2011/04/29 v.1.8.13 released!
- 2010/12/22 G-language Bookmarklet 0.7 released, with custom ring generator.
- 2010/10/07 G-language Bookmarklet updated to include Reflect.ws support. Documentations page is also updated with many documents.
- 2010/08/27 v.1.8.12 released!
2010/07/22 Our latest publication for the REST/SOAP services is out in NAR Web Server Issue. "G-language genome analysis environment with REST and SOAP web service interfaces", Arakawa K, Kido N, Oshita K, Tomita M, Nucleic Acids Res., 2010, 38 Suppl:W700-705 (PubMed).
2010/02/05 v.1.8.11 released!
- 2009/12/04 v.1.8.10 released!
- 2009/08/16 v.1.8.9 released!
- 2009/03/26 REST Web Service is released!
See the documentations for details.
- 2009/03/14 v.1.8.8 released!
- 2009/03/13 v.1.8.7 released!
- 2009/03/11 v.1.8.6 released!
- 2008/11/01 v.1.8.5 released!
- 2008/07/07 MacOS X Leopard version 1.8.4 available!
- 2008/05/16 v.1.8.4 released!
- 2008/04/21 v.1.8.3 released!
- 2008/03/01 Book about G-language System is published ! (in Japanese)
- 2008/02/27 v.1.8.2 released!
- 2008/02/14 AJAX Document Center
New AJAX Document Center is now available here.
- 2008/02/14 v.1.8.1 released!
- 2008/01/09 v.1.8.0 released!
- 2007/10/30 MacOS X Leopard compatible version available!
- 2007/10/23 v.1.7.6 released!
- 2007/10/22 updated tutorials to reflect latest API.
- 2007/09/26 v.1.7.5 released!
- 2007/09/9 v.1.7.4 released!
- 2007/09/8 v.1.7.3 released!
- 2007/08/30 v.1.7.2 released!
2007/08/28 Open-Bio-JP is featured in an article in Nikkei Biotech BTJ Journal. only available in Japanese. PDF
2007/08/19 Added an Introductory Tutorial
2007/08/16 Web-page renewal.
2007/06/11 MacOS X Tiger (Intel) binary released! Binary is available at the following URL. (Download).
You will find the following after installation. /Applications/G-languageShell.app
If you have the previous version installed (1.6.2), delete the following prior to installation: /Applications/G-language Interpreter.app /usr/local/*
X11 is required.
If you want to use it in your Terminal, set the environmental variable as follows: export PATH="/usr/local/g-language/bin:$PATH"