Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- 11:30: Markus Pfeiffer, "GAP in the cloud"
- 14:00: Volker Braun: "libGAP"
afterwards: discussion; make a list of action items
- 10:00: Nicolas Thiery, Volker Braun, "Contributing to Sage"
- 10:45: Max Horn, Alex Konovalov, Markus Pfeiffer, "Contributing to GAP" possibly with discussion of certain details
- 14:00: Discussion: Detach GAP User/Lib Interface (This is on Tuesday to maybe give people some time to think on points raised during Volker's talk)
- 15:00: GAP internals meeting (Max, Reimer, Steve, Chris, Markus, Alex, James, etc?)
- 16:00: Julia/Transpiler/Interfacing with other software? (This is somewhat related to the previous topic)
- 10:00: Max, Alex, Sebastian: Join several release tools (and if people are interested in ReleaseTools, we can also give a brief demo how to use it to make a package release super-easy, at leasst for packages hosted on GitHub).
- 11:30: Nicolas, Sebastian, Luca: Docker containers
- 11:00-13:00, 16:00--open end: Max, Chris, Markus: hack on the datastructures package
- 14:00: Alex, Chris, Markus, Max, Reimer, Steve: plan concrete steps for HPC-GAP merger
- 16:00: All who are there: report on activities (possibly Friday morning, but Max is already gone)
Topics we want to discuss
- Introduce webpage for GAP in the cloud
- demo the Jupyter kernel
- explain... (what is it, how does it work, ...)
- ... future work..
- Improve the installation of GAP in SageMath and in SageMath cloud
- make more (all) packages available
- for the cloud: make GAP Jupyter kernel available
- What is it? An overview (Volker?)
- What is its status
- what needs to be done?
- Integrate it with GAP repository (as a branch or even a compile time option...)
- adapting libGAP to HPC-GAP ?! (e.g. being able to call from sage to HPC-GAP)
- allow GAP code to call sage
- Error / exception handling in GAP
- important for language integration as well...
- GAP and Julia
- GAP-to-julia transpiler ??
- being able to call GAP code from Julia and vice-versa
- why? what potential advantages?
- what would it have to satisfy to be useful... ?
- continue from last week...
- unifying HPC-GAP and "classic" GAP (goal of a single branch)
- Adapting GAPDoc to HPC-GAP
- Testing and adapting packages for HPC-GAP (e.g. the "forms")
- General GAP stuff
- Modularising GAP parser/reader/UI
- Improve group support in Sage (wrapped around GAP)
- Add/improve semigroup support in Sage (wrapped around GAP)
- ... maybe this can be done in a more generic way, which doesn't need manual work for every single GAP function to be wrapped..
- Goal: write a small prototype this week, as basis for further discussion and work
- applications of GAP, Sage etc. to actual research :-)
- e.g. semigroup representation theory...
- implement some algorithms...
- wrap up some of the work and topics from the coding sprint
- finish work on GAP Coding Style conventions
- move live GAP website to use new repository
- make datastructures package release
- commit mailing list
- Welcome to new contributors to our systems
- How to make your first contribution to GAP
- How to make your first contribution to SageMath
- Teaching material
- setup repository for Software carpentry lessons on SageMath
- improve Software carpentry lessons on GAP
- Google Summer of Code ??
- SageMath will apply again this year, and GAP can join
- please add project ideas and mentors on Sage's GSOC 2016 page
- Docker containers
Talks and tutorials
- Markus Pfeiffer: "GAP in the cloud" (11)
- Volker Braun: "libGAP" (16)
- XYZ: "How to contribute to GAP?" (3)
- Nicolas/Volker: "How to contribute to Sage?" (6)
- GAP in the cloud
- Install JupyterHub as an authentication frontend on the Azure machine
- Create a mechanism to start a pthread for replying to asynchronous events in GAP
- Distribute the Jupyter Kernel with the main GAP distribution?