Welcome to NadHat.
NadHat is a GSM/GPRS modem extension hat for raspberry pi. It's pi zero hat format compatible (30x65mm). It uses the well known SIM800C module to offer a low cost M2M communication interface.
You can also follow nadhat google+ collection : https://plus.google.com/collection/o2lZRE
The garatronic team.
Don't want to read the manual, here a quickstart guide :
Serial port setup
default setup for serial port /dev/ttyAMA0 is 115200,8,N,1
Some usefull at command for SIM800C :
- at : answer OK is serial setup is OK
- atz : reset default configuration
- ati : display product indentification information
- at+cgmi : display product manufacturer
- at+cgmm : display model identification
- at+cpin? : check if pin number is required
- at+cpin=xxxx : enter pin code
- at+cbc : battery voltage (around 67% or 3940mV)
- at&v : display current configuration
- at+csq : report quality of signal (first nb between 0-31, 2nd nb between 0-7, bigger is better)
- at+gsn : request TA serial Number Identification (IMEI)
- at+cimi : request international subscriber identity
- at+cops=? : report list of present operators
- at+cspn? : get service provider name from sim
- at+cadc? : read adc input (0-2.8V range, pin 7 of CN2)
- at+cpowd=1 : normal poweroff
Send an SMS :
- at+cmgf=1 : sms in text mode
- at+csca="+33695000695" : service provider sms center number (french provider FREE for me)
- at+cmgs="+3363054xxxx" : start SMS edition to "receiver number" prompt become '>'
- input your SMS +
- send hexadecimal chars '0x1A,0x0D' ( in fact) : to send your SMS
Receive an SMS :
- answer the SMS you've received on your phone by NadHat.
- should receive 'CMTI:"SM",x' meaning you have receive a SMS in slot x
- at+cmgr=x : read sms in slot 1
- at+cmgd=x : delete sms to free slot x for next SMS