NSS and PAM modules for SecurePass
This repository contains an NSS module and a PAM module for users defined on SecurePass. SecurePass provides web single sign-on through the CAS protocol.
More on SecurePass at http://www.secure-pass.net
To install and configure the modules:
- Install libcurl development package (e.g. libcurl4-gnutls-dev under Ubuntu)
- Install libpam development package (e.g. libpam0g-dev under Ubuntu)
- make install
- Copy file securepass.conf.template into /etc/securepass.conf (uid=root, gid=root, perms=600)
- See the instructions into the file to configure the module
- Edit file /etc/nssswitch.conf and add service 'sp' to the passwd line (e.g. 'passwd: compat sp')
- Edit file /etc/nssswitch.conf and add service 'sp' to the group line (e.g. 'group: compat sp')
- (recommended) start nscd (Name Service Cache Daemon)
- Configure PAM module (/lib/security/pam_sp_auth.so) under /etc/pam.d
- This repo includes the following sample programs to test the SecurePass, NSS and PAM APIs: sp_client, nss_client, pam_client
Note: Due to the current limitations, be aware that the parameter
endpoint must be set to https://beta.secure-pass.net/ in /etc/securepass.conf.
There are reserved words in SecurePass extended attributes:
posixuid-> UID of the user
posixgid-> GID of the user
posixhomedir-> Home directory
posixshell-> Desired shell
posixgecos-> Gecos (defaults to username)
posixuid is the only required extended attribute, this is needed to recognize a SecurePass user as a Unix user. For any other parameter, you need to set defaults in /etc/securepass.conf:
[nss] realm = domain.com default_gid = 100 default_home = "/home" default_shell = "/bin/bash"
The PAM module works both for authentication and for password changing. In order to be able to change your password with the PAM module, the API key must be read-write. Read-only API keys will result in an error.
An example of PAM configuration under /etc/pam.d/:
password required /lib/security/pam_sp.so auth required /lib/security/pam_sp.so
email@example.com, Oct 2014 - Feb 2017