Use Azure app service editor
- make code change in the online editor
Your code changes go live as the code changes are saved.
Use Visual Studio Code
Build and debug
- download source code zip and extract source in local folder
- open the source folder in Visual Studio Code
- make code changes
- download and run botframework-emulator
- connect the emulator to http://localhost:3987
npm run azure-publish
Use continuous integration
If you have setup continuous integration, then your bot will automatically deployed when new changes are pushed to the source repository.