Cosmos Governance Working Group
Month #2 Community Call
Date: Thursday, February 27
Time: 14:00 UTC
Duration: 60 minutes
Host: Gavin Birch (Figment Networks)
Video conference URL: https://zoom.us/j/350368377
Prior to the meeting
- Join us! Please share any contact information that you feel comfortable sharing.
- Please indicate your primary governance interests here.
1. Newcomer introductions
Please keep intros brief! Ideally your name, organization, primary governance interest in a single sentence :)
2. GWG updates
- mid-month topic call review (initial proposal intake process)
- update from Gavin (Figment Networks) re: documentation & best practices for community-spend & parameter-change proposals
3. Proposed Topic: How can governance work be made sustainable?
There may be big players that can subsidize governance work:
- exchanges and uninvolved validators need to be alerted to breaking changes
- exchanges may need support to understand the implications of a proposal
- multi-asset wallets may need to be alerted to breaking changes
What is the low-hanging fruit for supporting governance work?
4. Future planning
- What single topic is a current priority for the next mid-month call?
- Consider recommendations for GWG Q2 initiatives ie. what could a Q2 GWG community-spend proposal look like?
x attendees in total, with introductions from new attendees:
- name (organization) - governance interest
Attendees that joined after introductions (feel free to message Gavin to be added):
- name (organization)