React Login Flow
A React/Redux ES6 login example, by email@example.com
Bucket o' tech used:
Bowerwith an example of integrating legacy UI plugins like jQuery
React-Router, with an example of composition with React components
PostCSS, with SVG sprites for scalable and CSS-styled assets and a typography-based
responsivescheme (REM in conjunction with ViewportWidth + @media queries)
ESLintwith some generic settings for ES6 + React
Clone the repository or unzip the project. Navigate to the root of the project and run:
$ npm install $ npm start
Navigate to localhost:8080 to open the app.
The app consistent of three main views:
- Login/Index view: The app index, presents the user with a typical login form.
- Not Authorized view: A splash page warning the user they are not authorized to view the content they were seeking.
- Greetings view: An authorization-protected URL, which shows some dummy info to the user. This is only reachable if the
activeUser.loggedInproperty is set to True.
Everything? A few things left to do...
- Persist state to storage
- Real authentication
- Authentication logging via middleware
- Move route/browser history to state maybe?
- Speaking of the routing, is react-route really the best option these days?
- Is there a better way to intecept for authorization using Middleware?
- If this was a proper app, we would want to add deployment packaging and make sure the resources are all concat'd and uglify'd up properly