La cabane : simple social networking for cool coworking places
La Cabane is a Ruby on Rails application that aims to help coworkers working with each other, and knowning each other better.
What it does :
- Recording and listing coworkers' profiles
- Sorting and finding members by social status, activity, name...
- Showing each member's profile in detailed views (social networks, activities, skills...)
- Allow members to post ads (buy, sell, collaborations propositions...)
- Checking actual occupation rate of the coworking place
- Checking news and actuality
- Propose surveys/pollings to your members
- Sharing Google agendas
- Checking meeting rooms occupation rate and disponibility
- Sending e-mail across members
- Headlines and news. Mmmh, yes, you can call it a Blog (with RSS output)
- You can also manage multiples coworking places at the same time !
It is not a one-more-kinda-social-app for the masses. By design, La Cabane doesn't have any internal messaging system, and your account must be first created by one of the admin user. On the other hand, La Cabane tends to fit with non-profit organisations and coworking places who need to manage and deal with dozains of members who want to share their profiles and know about each others' inside a private, secure yet Web accessible portal.
This is work in prgress stuff, but you can clone the repo and setup a dev. DB...
- Translations (Actually French and English are supported but PR are welcome !)
- Some Tests in the admn side