Visualizing location history
This project combines my location history data from Google, Foursquare, and a simple spreadsheet of pre-2012 travels. It geocodes and reverse-geocodes the data, and produces static and interactive maps of everywhere I've been.
To download and visualize just Foursquare/Swarm check-in history, check out foursquare-location-history.ipynb. To download and visualize just Google location history, check out google-location-history-simple.ipynb.
Otherwise, for the full process:
- I downloaded and processed my Foursquare/Swarm check-in history with foursquare-location-history.ipynb
- I downloaded and processed my Google location history: 1. Downloaded my Google location history from https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=backup 2. Reduced the size of the Google location history spatial data set with google-location-history-cluster.ipynb 3. Reverse-geocoded the lat/long Google location history data to neighborhood, city, state, country with google-location-history-reverse-geocode.ipynb
- I created a simple spreadsheet of pre-2012 travels and geocoded it with previous-travels-history-geocode.ipynb
- Combine the Foursquare check-in history, the Google location history, and the previous travels data and visualize with visualize-location-history.ipynb
- View the interactive leaflet map with leaflet
For a simple demonstration of parsing, visualizing, and mapping your full Google location history with Python, see google-location-history-simple.ipynb