Node.js/Mongo app for storing and serving social media activity
The purpose of this app is to create a single social timeline of multiple networks and accounts. It stores social activity from a list of users in a database and provides an API. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are currently supported.
- Alter the private.js file (example included) with the necessary information:
- your social media API keys
- identifiers for the social media accounts:
- Set up a cronjob to run the function at an interval to keep the data current (look at scraper/cron_jobs.txt for an example)
- Launch the API server (recent posts can be accessed via "/api/v.2/posts/collection_name")
Be sure to run
npm install to download the necessary dependencies.
The Social Mechanism does not currently have support for deleting social media posts. Once pulled into the database, a deleted post will lead to bad links and missing images.
- Admin backend: Adding an admin back end would be a nice addition. Such a portal would allow admins to manage promoted or existing content
- Better handling for deleted posts
- Extend the API with more GET request options