Blender can be controlled using program scripts written in Python. Recent Large Language Models like OpenAI's GPT-4 can generate these Python scripts from simple English and execute them. This plugin provides an easy to use interface that integrates OpenAI's GPT-4/GPT-3.5 right in the UI, allowing you to use natural language commands to control Blender.
Access to GPT-4 in this addon can ONLY be obtained through the OpenAI waitlist (https://openai.com/waitlist/gpt-4-api), which in turn grants your account access to this model via the API.
GPT-4 access via the API is different from GPT-4 access via ChatGPT-Plus ($20/month subscription). This addon will only work with GPT-4 if you have been accepted into the waitlist (https://openai.com/waitlist/gpt-4-api) and have access to the API via your OpenAI API key
- Clone this repository by clicking
Code > Download ZIPon GitHub
- Open Blender, go to
Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > Install
- Select the downloaded ZIP file and click
- Enable the add-on by checking the checkbox next to
GPT-4 Blender Assistant
- Paste your OpenAI API key in the Addon preferences menu.
- To view the code generations in realtime, go to
Window > Toggle System Console
- In the 3D View, open the sidebar (press
Nif not visible) and locate the
- Type a natural language command in the input field, e.g., "create a cube at the origin"
- Click the
Executebutton to generate and execute the Blender Python code
- Blender 3.1 or later
- OpenAI API key (Accessible at https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys)