Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/vmlinuz is a reasonable place for the kernel.
- I'll fix this issue when /boot is the ESP (vfat):
$ pacman -Qkk linux warning: linux: /boot/vmlinuz-linux (Permissions mismatch)
- it'll allow to atomically move the kernel and its modules
- kernel and modules can't get out-of-sync (which can happen if by any chance /boot is not mounted when the kernel package is installed)
- easier handling of multiple versions of the kernel
- better integration with boot-loaders
- easier support for making an "efistub+kernel+initramfs+cmdline" signed images for secure boot
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.