The public instance of the GDG[x] Hub.
We're looking for a lead maintainer to contribute to and take over maintenance of this project. Please contact us in the GDG-X G+ Community if you are interested.
Define the GOOGLE_SIMPLE_API_KEY: The API key for your project, available from the Cloud Console
- Create a new project then go to APIs & Auth->APIs, activate Google+ API.
- Go to APIs & Auth->Credentials. Add Credentials->API key->Browser key->Create (keep
Any referrer allowedset).
Define the GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID and GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET: The Client Id and secret for your project, available from the Cloud Console
- Go to APIs & Auth->Credentials. Add Credentials->API key->OAuth 2.0 client ID->Web Application->Create.
Create a private
.envfile in the root of the project with the following contents:
GOOGLE_SIMPLE_API_KEY= GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID= GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET= SERVER_KEY_SECRET= ANDROID_CLIENT_IDS= MONGODB_DB_URL= NODEJS_PORT= NODEJS_IP= SESSION_SECRET=
.envfile with the following variables that were provided to you:
- GOOGLE_SIMPLE_API_KEY - Browser key from step 1
- GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID - Web Application clientId from step 2
- GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET - Web Application client secret from step 2
- SERVER_KEY_SECRET - Only needed for testing Frisbee integration
- ANDROID_CLIENT_IDS - Only needed for testing Frisbee integration. Needs to be a comma separated list
- SESSION_SECRET - random 34 characters
Check Mongo Server
Build and start the Hub
The distributable version will be placed in /dist. The debug web server has LiveReload.
Ingest data into your local Hub instance
See the wiki.
For GDG-X Core
GDG Apps, GDG[x] are not endorsed and/or supported by Google, the corporation.
© 2013-2017 GDG[x] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.