Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
You can optimize images by running all_image_optimization.bat from
all_image_optimization.bat -d -jtran -pout -pquant -optip -gsicle -svgo
-d - default path to images' folder (you can pass your own path:
all_image_optimization.bat D:\development\web\zeppelin\images -jtran) Required!
- -jtran - optimize JPEG images (suggested by Web Fundamentals)
- -pout - lossless PNG optimization
- -optip - lossless PNG optimization (suggested by Web Fundamentals)
- -pquant - lossy PNG optimization (suggested by Web Fundamentals)
- -gsicle - create and optimize GIF images (suggested by Web Fundamentals)
- -svgo - Nodejs-based tool for optimizing SVG vector graphics files (suggested by Web Fundamentals) (Nodejs required)
-svgo intall Nodejs and then run command
[sudo] npm install -g svgo
You can use some of parameters. For example
all_image_optimization.bat -d -jtran -optip
Moreover, you can run the files separately jpegtran.bat, pngout.bat, optipng.bat, pngquant.bat, gifsicle.bat or svgo.bat which by default will optimize all images in
/img/ folder and subfolder or pass a path to the folder.
####For MacOS and Linux
The other option is this command line utility which is based on ImageOoptim.app and can be used in Linux and MacOS. I can be installed like this:
gem install image_optim
More information about installation and usage can be found on its website: https://github.com/toy/image_optim It uses almost the same utilities for the mentioned ones for Windows.
Minify CSS and JS
1. Optimize CSS and JS separately
You can also run the files separately minify_css.bat (minify_css.sh) or minify_js.bat (minify_js.sh) You can use some of them.
minify_css.bat minify_css.bat D:\development\web\zeppelin\styles
For Linux or MacOS:
./minify_css.sh ./minify_css.sh ../../css
Note: When the folder is not specified, the default css and js folders will be used.
2. Only minify default CSS and JS files.
Also you can generate
.min files only of main.css and scripts.js