JS review: Objects, arrays, and functions
Slides and materials are hosted here.
In this workshop, you will solidify your understanding of objects, arrays and functions in JS and learn the common mistakes made by beginners. You will finish with a strong foundation in the most important JS concepts.
The workshop will be a mix of lectures and hands-on exercises in pairs, and will be taught by [teacher X, tiny bio].This is the perfect follow-up workshop for those who have attended our JS 101 workshop.
You can review them online at a few places:
- HTML/CSS: Khan Academy's HTML/CSS course, Codecademy's HTML/CSS course, GDI SF HTML/CSS slides
- JS: Codecademy's JS course, Khan Academy's Intro to JS course, GDI SF JS slides
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
- A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
- A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for both Mac and PC) or Notepad++ (PC).
- Objects, property access
- Arrays, looping
- Functions, arguments