Intro to Backbone
Slides and materials are hosted here.
The workshop will be a mix of lectures and hands-on exercises in pairs, and will be taught by [teacher X, tiny bio]. This workshop is highly recommended for anyone attending our frontend workshop series and is a perfect follow-up for our JS MVC workshop.
You can review them online at a few places:
- HTML/CSS: Khan Academy's HTML/CSS course, Codecademy's HTML/CSS course, GDI SF HTML/CSS slides
- JS: Codecademy's JS course, Khan Academy's Intro to JS course, GDI SF JS slides
- jQuery: Codecademy's jQuery course
- AJAX: GDI SF AJAX slides
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
- A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
- A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for both Mac and PC) or Notepad++ (PC).
- Backbone models & views
- Backbone events
- CRUD (client <-> server communication)