Intro to Bootstrap and Web Hosting
Slides and materials are hosted:
In this two-day project-based workshop, you'll learn how to go beyond with HTML and CSS: using the popular CSS Framework Bootstrap for responsive design and pre-built components, and getting your website to go live.
The comprehensive workshop will be a mix of lectures, pair programming, and hands-on exercises building your webpage, and will be taught by Mary Ann Jawili, Software Engineer at Salesforce, and Truc Nguyen, UX Designer at AdRoll.
By the end of this two-day workshop, you will know the following:
- How to make a responsive web page using a framework like Bootstrap (e.g making your web page look great on phones, tablets, and desktop computers)
- How to host it on Github Pages so everyone can check out your new website!
Attendees should be comfortable with HTML/CSS fundamentals (HTML tags and attributes, CSS selectors) You can review them online at a few places:
- Girl Develop It SF HTML/CSS Part 1 +2
- Other HTML & CSS Requirements: Khan Academy's HTML/CSS course, Codecademy's HTML/CSS course, GDI SF HTML/CSS slides
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
- A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
- A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for Mac or PC) or Notepad++ (PC).