Intro to D3
Slides and materials are hosted here.
The workshop will be a mix of lectures and hands-on exercises in pairs. This workshop will be taught by [teacher, tiny bio].
You can review them online at a few places:
- HTML/CSS: Khan Academy's HTML/CSS course, Codecademy's HTML/CSS course, GDI SF HTML/CSS slides
- JS: Codecademy's JS course, Khan Academy's Intro to JS course, GDI SF JS slides
- DOM API: Khan Academy's "Making Webpages Interactive" course
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
- A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
- A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for Mac or PC) or Notepad++ (PC).
- SVG basics
- D3 data-binding, events
- D3 scales, axis, colors
- Creating charts