Intro to jQuery: Making webpages interactive (Self-paced)
Slides and materials are hosted on Khan Academy.
This workshop will be largely "self-paced". That means that we'll start with a round of introductions and an overview, and then you'll watch videos and do coding challenges at your own pace, using Khan Academy. We will stop to work on pair projects every few hours, and we'll have TAs to answer questions and help when you get stuck.
You can review them online at a few places:
- HTML/CSS: Khan Academy's HTML/CSS course, Codecademy's HTML/CSS course, GDI SF HTML/CSS slides
- JS: Codecademy's JS course, Khan Academy's Intro to JS course, GDI SF JS slides
- DOM API: Khan Academy's "Making Webpages Interactive" course
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
- A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
- A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for both Mac and PC) or Notepad++ (PC).
- What is jQuery?
- Finding, creating, changing, and reading elements.
- Responding to user events.