This workshop will be largely "self-paced". That means that we'll start with a round of introductions and an overview, and then you'll watch videos and do coding challenges at your own pace, using Khan Academy. We will stop to work on pair projects every few hours, and we'll have TAs to answer questions and help when you get stuck.
- JS DOM access
- JS DOM manipulation
- JS DOM events
- JS DOM animation
You can review them online at a few places:
- HTML & CSS: Khan Academy's HTML & CSS course, Codecademy's HTML & CSS course, GDI SF's HTML & CSS slides
- JS: Khan Academy's Intro to JS course, Codecademy's JS course, GDI SF's JS slides
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger
- A modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- A text editor - we recommend either Sublime Text 2 or Atom (both free)
If you do not have a laptop, please contact the instructors. We have a limited number of Chromebooks for students to borrow.
Payment is required to attend. If you'd like to attend but cannot afford the cost, click here to request a scholarship. Due to the number of applications, only the scholarship recipient will receive an email a few days before the workshop. Thank you for your understanding!