Line Tracker Robot with PID control system.
- ATMega16 with 4MHz clock
- L298 for motor driver (connected to PORTD.1 - PORTD.6)
- Ten Phototransistors connected to LM339 comparator for sensing the line, connected to PINA and PINB ( 5 and 6 ).
- LCD 2x16 connected to PORTC.
- Four tactile switches connected to PINB.0 - PINB.3 (used for menu navigation).
- Schematic can be found here
More photos here.
How it works
Semar Mesem uses 8 sensors infront to track the line. Ideal line's width is 1.5 - 2 cm with possibility 2 - 3 sensors reading the line.