An open source Ruby on Rails content management system for Rails 3.
More information at http://refinerycms.com
- Install Refinery CMS
- Update Refinery CMS to the latest stable version
- Install Refinery CMS on Heroku
- Run the Refinery CMS test suite
- Contribute to Refinery CMS
- Donate to the Refinery CMS core team
If you're new to Refinery, start with this guide:
What's it good at?
Refinery is great for sites where the client needs to be able to update their website themselves without being bombarded with anything too complicated.
Unlike other content managers, Refinery is truly aimed at the end user making it easy for them to pick up and make changes themselves.
- Easily customise the look to suit the business.
- Extend with custom engines to do anything Refinery doesn't do out of the box.
- Sticks to "the Rails way" as much as possible; we don't force you to learn new templating languages.
Wanna see Refinery for yourself? Try the demo
Help and Documentation
- Getting Started
- Google Group Discussion
- IRC Channel
- GitHub repository
- Developer/API documentation
- Twitter Account
- Documentation about: Pages, Images, Files, Inquiries, Settings, Dashboard, Authentication & Users, Extending with Engines.
- Easily edit and manage pages with a WYSIWYG visual editor.
- Manage you site's structure.
- Easily upload and insert images.
- Upload and link to resources such as PDF documents.
- Uses the popular Dragonfly.
- Supports storage on Amazon S3.
- Collect inquiries from a contact form.
- Manage your inquiries and be notified when new ones come in.
- Checks new inquiries for spam.
- Manage the behaviour of Refinery
- Easily integrate with Google Analytics
- Get an overview of what has been updated recently and see recent inquiries.
- Manage who can access Refinery.
- Control which engines each user has access to.
- Uses the popular devise.
Extend Refinery easily by running the Refinery engine generator
rails generate refinery:engine
to get help on how to use that. Or read the full documentation on writing engines for Refinery
- Blog - A simple blogging engine that supports posts, categories and comments (with moderation support if you choose to enable it)
- Portfolio - manage groups of images like an image gallery.
- News - post and manage news items.
Example Site Showcase
Many of the icons used in Refinery CMS are from the wonderful Silk library by Mark James.