A Python Add-in and ArcGIS toolbox for manipulating individual-based genetic records in a geographic context.
Use the install page to get a packaged release.
To get the latest source, clone this repository, and run
makeaddin.py to create an
installable genegis.esriaddin file.
- parse SRGD formatted CSV files into a Geodatabase Feature Class
- select and filter data based on spatial and attribute queries
- extract raster values at encounter locations
- compute accurate geodesic distance matricies
- generate pairwise geodesic segements between samples
- use SPAGeDi (included) to compute a variety of genetic tests, such as
- export to GenAlEx
- export to Genepop
- export to SPAGeDi
- export to SRGD formatted CSV files for use with the Shepard Project
Building from Source
git clone --recursive https://github.com/genegis/genegis.git
Nose tests are included which perform basic checks. To run, the tests, use
pip to install requirements:
$ pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
Then, run nose from the top-level directory:
This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. See LICENSING for details or visit