Welcome to the geneontology GitHub organization!
The Gene Ontology (GO) knowledgebase is the world’s largest source of information on the functions of genes. This knowledge is both human-readable and machine-readable, and is a foundation for computational analysis of large-scale molecular biology and genetics experiments in biomedical research. For more information, please see our website, http://geneontology.org/.
Overview of some of the key repositories in this organization:
- geneontology.github.io - GO documentation
- go-ontology - Source ontology files for the Gene Ontology. This is primarily for the developers of the GO and contains the source code for the GO ontology. To download ontology files, please use the Downloads menu on our website.
- go-site - Metadata, tools, and files associated with the Gene Ontology website
- noctua - Graph-based modeling / editing tools for biology
- helpdesk - A place for the GO community to ask for help or report issues.
If you have general questions about GO, check our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have a specific question about GO, its data, usage, software, or services, please create a ticket in our discussion tracker.