The highly productive Julia web framework
Genie is a full-stack MVC web framework that provides a streamlined and efficient workflow for developing modern web applications. It builds on Julia's strengths (high-level, high-performance, dynamic, JIT compiled), exposing a rich API and a powerful toolset for productive web development.
Genie is compatible with Julia v1.0 and up.
In a Julia session switch to
pkg> mode to add
julia>] # switch to pkg> mode pkg> add Genie
When finished, make sure that you're back to the Julian prompt (
Genie into scope:
julia> using Genie
Genie can be used for a variety of tasks, from quickly whipping up a web server to full MVC web apps. Use the following resources to dive into each use case.
In addition to use cases above, will be coming soon in guides:
- Adding data integrity rules with ModelValidators
- Caching responses
- Using WebSockets and WebChannels
- Setting up an admin area
- Configuring Genie apps
- Publishing Genie apps in production
- The Genie Docker image
- Genie Plugins
- Genie Authentication Plugin
- Genie uses a multitude of packages that have been kindly contributed by the Julia community.
- The awesome Genie logo was designed by Alvaro Casanova (www.yeahstyledg.com).