Programmable Automation and Smart Home server for Windows, Mac and Linux (and Raspbian too =)).
- Integrated drivers for X10, ZigBee, Z-Wave, GPIO, SPI, I2C
- Works 100% off-line without relaying on any external cloud service
- Scripting engine with fluent API programmable using
- Scheduler service supporting extended cron expressions (with variables, conditions and logical operators)
- Voice and text message based control
- Dashboards, groups, configuration backup, packages repository and much more!
- Brand new UI that works both on desktop or mobile screens, suitable also to be used with fixed control panels
- New Visual Programming workspace to create scenarios in an intuitive way, no coding skills required
- Customizable client configurations that can be saved and recalled quickly from the UI preferences
.zip archive corresponding to the hosting operating system:
Unzip the archive file and run the
./HomeGenie command to start the service:
cd homegenie ./HomeGenie
HomeGenie UI is now accessible with a web browser:
<server_address> is the name or ip of the host where HomeGenie was installed and
is the port on which is listening for web requests (default port is
Depending on the hosting operating system, it might be required to run additional steps in order to allow the service to access the Serial port, USB devices and GPIO hardware.
Common additional steps
To enable audio playack and voice synthesis:
# Audio playback utilities sudo apt-get install alsa-utils lame # Embedded speech syntesys engine sudo apt-get install libttspico-utils
To use X10 Home Automation hardware:
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev
To grant access to the Serial port and/or GPIO to the current user:
sudo gpasswd -a $USER dialout sudo gpasswd -a $USER gpio
It's recommended that a dedicated user is added for running a service, but as a last resort, if you are still getting
error while trying to access connected hardware, run
./HomeGenie service using
Read the CONTRIBUTING.md file for information about contributing to this repository.
The main solution file is
HomeGenie.sln that is located in the repository root.
assets/buildcommon (all) and OS specific static files that are copied after the build process
assets/build/all/appThis folder contains HomeGenie user interface (YOT)
assets/deployOS specific files required for bundling and deploying the app redistributable
src/HomeGeniemain application project files (net6 and net472)
src/HomeGenie.Testsproject implementing Unit Tests
src/SupportLibrariessupport and utility libraries used by HomeGenie
src/WindowsServiceWindows specific solution for deploying HomeGenie as a Windows service (deprecated)
Integrated Development Environment
JetBrains Rider is the official IDE employed for developing this project.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.