This script adds the ability to change a users password in the appsuite backend - when using Open-Xchange with Plesk.
- Clone this repo anywhere you want (typically in your go/src path)
- Create a new mysql user for local connections only and give him SELECT permissions on your openxchange database. In the example config it is called oxmanager.
- Specify these username, password and the open-xchange tablename in the file
changepassword.goyou just cloned.
- Add execution permissions to the build script with
chmod +x build.sh
- And run the build script with root privileges:
sudo ./build.sh(Note that this requires a valid GO installation in the root user's environment)
- Install this Open-Xchange Plugin and follow the installation process
/opt/open-xchange/etc/change_pwd_script.propertiesset the following value at the end:
- Allow the user open-xchange to run plesk's mail tool as root user by editing
/etc/sudoersand add the following line:
# User alias specification open-xchange ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/psa/bin/mail
- After restarting the open-xchange service, you and your customers will see a "Change Password"-Button in the settings. If you encounter any errors, review the log file at /var/log/open-xchange/pw.log
Tested on debian 8.6