Git and GitHub
Our learning plan is here: http://github.com/geocam/geocamDeveloperGuide/tree/master/git.rst
Read the intro and follow the tutorial: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/
One of the best HTML and CSS references available is the Mozilla Developers Network
- The offical docs are very good.
- Here's a tutorial with a general overview of the features: http://docs.jquery.com/Main_Page
- A great book on the subject is JQuery in Action, which has a particularly good section on the event model Jquery uses (which abstracts away some of the browser-specific quirks in event dispatch).
Google Maps API
KML is the XML schema used for through out Google's Map and Earth products for specifying geographic data. The schema has excellect documentation that you should become familiar with.
- Note: As of latest, development has switched from ember.js to backbone.js
- Ember Homepage has getting-started text, guides, and auto-generated d0cs.
- Understanding Ember.Object explains concisely how to use Ember's instantiation and inheritence mechanisms. Highly recommended quick read.
- Advice On & Instruction in The Use of Ember.js provides the best explaination of how to build a basic Ember app I've found so far.
- ember-data's readme is a pretty good run-down of how to use the persistance layer
- An alternative tour of the full stack that I found very helpful.
- Tom Dale on debugging Ember [video] offers a peak into the internals and developers' intent.