This release includes the following changes:
- Complete overhaul of the particle architecture.
- Modularization of the assembly process.
- Large improvements to serial and parallel performance of particle handling.
- Support for traction boundary conditions.
- Support for time-dependent mesh refinement criteria.
- Flexible support for modifying the underlying FEM variables for the PDE.
- Optional DG support for temperature and compositional fields.
- More robust parallel file I/O.
- Support for tangential mesh velocity boundaries in free surface
- Support for anisotropic viscosity.
- Various fixes to free surface computations: checkpointing, better
stabilization, crash fixes.
- New Chunk Geometry model.
- New material property averaging options.
- Complete rewrite of the heating model infrastructure.
- Several new cookbooks.
- Several new postprocessors.
- Support for signals in various locations that allows plugins to
inspect/manipulate things inside the core application.
- Several new mesh refinement plugins.
- Improved spherical interpolation of data used in the GPlates plugin.
- Many other fixes and small improvements.
A complete list of changes can be found at
and the release is also available from