Geofront CLI client
It provides a CLI client for Geofront, a simple SSH key management server.
$ pipsi install geofront-cli
What you have to do first of all is to configure the Geofront server URL.
geofront-cli start and then it will show a prompt:
$ geofront-cli start Geofront server URL:
http://example.com/ here. It will open an authentication
page in your default web browser:
$ geofront-cli start Geofront server URL: http://example.com/ Continue to authenticate in your web browser... Press return to continue
List available remotes
You can list the available remotes using
geofront-cli remotes command:
$ geofront-cli remotes web-1 web-2 web-3 worker-1 worker-2 db-1 db-2
If you give
--verbose option it will show their actual addresses
$ geofront-cli remotes -v web-1 firstname.lastname@example.org web-2 email@example.com web-3 firstname.lastname@example.org worker-1 email@example.com worker-2 firstname.lastname@example.org db-1 email@example.com db-2 firstname.lastname@example.org
SSH to remote
You can easily connect to a remote through SSH. Use
command instead of vanilla
$ geofront-cli ssh web-1 Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab078.27 i686) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/ ubuntu@web-1:~$
In most cases, you probably need to list remotes to find an alias to SSH
geofront-cli ssh command.
geofront-cli go command is
a single command for these two actions at once:
$ geofront-cli go (...interactive fuzzy finder for remotes is shown...) Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab078.27 i686) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/ ubuntu@web-1:~$
Note that there's a shortcut command
gfg which is an alias of
geofront-cli scp command as well, which is corresponding
$ geofront-cli scp file.txt web-1:file.txt file.txt 100% 3157 3.1KB/s 00:00 $ geofront-cli scp -r web-1:path/etc/apt ./ sources.list 100% 3157 3.1KB/s 00:00 trusted.gpg 100% 14KB 13.9KB/s 00:00
- Shortcut for
geofront-cli sshsimilar to
Author and license
To be released.
Released on April 03, 2020.
- Fixed some command won't work properly. This bug occured when running ssh or scp command through the other command. (e.g. geofront-cli go) [#19 by cynthia]
Released on March 25, 2020.
- Added jump host options to use ProxyJump in SSH. [#18 by cynthia]
Released on February 26, 2020.
- Added supporting for LibreSSL. [#16 by cynthia]
Released on May 24, 2017.
- Fixed a bug that
gfghad crashed with
AttributeErrorwhen a user cancelled (i.e. Ctrl-C) to select a remote. [#10]
Released on May 23, 2017.
- Dropped support of Python 2.6 and 3.2.
geofront-cli gocommand and its alias shortcut
gfgwere introduced. It's an interactive user interface to select a remote and SSH to it at once.
- Fixed verification failure of SSL certificates when Python was installed using Homebrew on macOS. Now it depends on Certifi.
- Now the output list of
geofront-cli remotesis sorted.
- The second column of
geofront-cli remotes --verboseresult became vertically aligned.
- The second column of
geofront-cli remotes --verboseresult became to omit the port number if it's 22 so that these are easy to copy-and-paste into other SSH programs.
- Loading spinners became shown when time-taking tasks are running.
Released on April 3, 2017.
UnicodeErrorduring signing the running Python 3 executable on macOS.
Released on March 30, 2017.
--debugoption prints more debug logs.
- Fixed system errors during getting/setting password through keyring/Keychain on macOS due to some unsigned Python executables.
Released on May 31, 2016.
ImportErroron Python 2.6.
Released on May 28, 2016.
- Forward compatibility with Geofront 0.4.
Released on January 15, 2016.
- Fixed an
AttributeErrorduring handling error sent by server. [#4]
Released on November 14, 2014.
- Fixed an
AttributeErrorduring handling error from server. [#2, #3 by Lee Jaeyoung]
Released on June 29, 2014.
- Added the short option
- It becomes to no more depend on dirspec. Instead it's simply bundled together.
geofront-clinow prints a usage description when no subcommand specified.
Released on May 3, 2014.
- Added handling of unfinished authentication error.
- Added handling of incompatible protocol version.
Released on April 22, 2014.
- Fixed Python 2 incompatibility.
- Added warning for non-SSL server URL.
First pre-alpha release. Released on April 21, 2014.