Clone this wiki locally
Raw revision proposal fodder
In no particular order, here are topics for the 1.1 discussion (please add):
- Addition of circle and ellipse geometries: yes? how?
- Arcs: Canvas can draw them, should GeoJSON be able to carry them? how?
- Coordinate values of M and beyond: More specification or not?
- Polygon orientation: yes? how?
- Coordinate reference systems: OGC now recommends http: URIs over URNs, update the spec?
- Format for empties (empty point, empty polygon, etc).
- time dimension, e.g. create_time and expire_time information (also check jcothran below)
- Grouping features in feature collections, e.g. for separate layers inside a FeatureCollection
- Adding media to geojson features, e.g. pictures, videos and other
- Standardized way to add sub components like activity streams to GeoJSON or/and a standard way to add GeoJSON as a sub component to another JSON specifications, e.g. opensocial specifications, json activity streams specifications etc.
- Test suite - can we define a set of tests for parser conformance?
jcothran - use case - encoding a collection of periodic recent sensor observations from a fixed or moving platform
examples - http://neptune.baruch.sc.edu/xenia/feeds/obsjson/all/latest_hours_24/carocoops:sun2:buoy_data.json http://neptune.baruch.sc.edu/xenia/feeds/obsjson/all/latest_hours_24/carocoops:frp2:buoy_metadata.json
- time association(ISO8601)
- time-series as associated with observation type and unit of measurement support - or time/value associated arrays
- association between collection of sensors-time/value pairs and platform
- Alternate geometry format encodings: EWKT, EWKB, Encoded Polyline (ajturner), Protocol buffers (hobu)
- Pagination recommendations - for subsets of a FeatureCollection that are sorted, limited & paginated (ajturner)
Links to solid proposal wiki pages
Accepted proposals for 1.1