Example of the jQuery Video Background plugin. Will place a resizable video in to the background of the page or designated element. Browsers that don't support the HTML5 video element will get an image if a poster image was provided.
If the containing element's width and height does not match the aspect ration of the video, the video will not stretch to fill the container but will render based on the largest dimension.
- play: Trigger a play/pause event on the chosen video background. Will play if the video is already paused. Will pause if the video is already playing.
- mute: Trigger a mute/unmute event on the chosen video background. Will unmute if the video is already muted. Will mute if the video is unmuted.
- destroy: Will destroy the chosen video background. Will unbind events bound when the video background is initialised. Will remove HTML attached to the DOM by the plugin. If a controlPosition parameter is set this will also have to be set to safely remove all HTML elements from the DOM.
- resize: When invoked this will resize the video background to the height of the document or window. The video background height affects the height of the document which affects the video background's ability to negatively resize.
- videoSource: An array of possible video source URL's. Separate video source attributes with be generated per instance. No default.
- poster: The URL string of the image used for the video poster attribute. No default.
- autoplay: Video autoplay attribute boolean. Default is true.
- preload: Video prelod attribute string. Default is none.
- loop: Video loop attribute boolean. Default is false.
- controlPosition: Position of the video controls, will append the controls to choose DOM element. Default is null. If null will append controls to the element the video background has been applied to.
- controlText: An array of text options for the video control elements.
- resize: Boolean which will trigger the video background to resize to match the browser height. Set to false is video background is used on another element. Default is true.
- preloadHtml: If required, a user controlled HTML string can be injected in to the control area of the page while the video is preloading. It will be over written by the video controls when the video is ready to play.
- preloadCallback: Allows a function to be triggered when the video preload is initiated.
- loadedCallback: Allows a function to be triggered when the video is loaded.
Please use the GitHub issue tracker for bug reports and feature requests.