LPZRobots -- a simulator for robotic experiments
This is a 3D physics simulator that comes with a collection of algorithms, simulations, and tools developed by the Robotics Group for Self-Organization of Control.
Contributing people: Georg Martius (<georg.playfulmachines.com>), Ralf Der, Frank Hesse, Frank Güttler, Jörn Hoffmann
Former Contributors: Antonia Siegert, Marcel Kretschmann, Dominic Schneider, Claus Stadler
see the project page: http://robot.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/software/?lang=en and the online help: http://robot.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/software/doc/html/index.html
We have a docker file in
dist_utils/dockerfor installing it on ubuntu (provided by Sebastian Blaes).
There is also a "one click" installation script kindly provided by Lars Gröber: https://github.com/Larsg7/lpzrobots-install-script
Otherwise go for the instructions http://robot.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/software/doc/html/index.html
It consists of the following directories:
- selforg : controllers together with a small framework for using them, developed in the robotic group yielding at self-organized behavior for various kinds of machines.
- ode_robots : physics simulator based on ODE (Open Dynamics Engine, see http://www.ode.org). This includes robots, obstacles, utilities, stuff for visualization with OSG (OpenSceneGraph, see http://www.openscenegraph.org) and so on.
- guilogger : application that coordinates multiple gnuplot windows and allows for an interactive display of data that is sent per pipe from another processes. (will be started from ode_robots)
- matrixvix : application for interactive display of changing matrix and vector data
- configurator : a library implementing a GUI to change the parameters interactively which is otherwise done on the console
- ga_tools : genetic algorithms framework that can be used to together with ode_robots or for independent simulations (not well maintained) program
- opende : directory with a snapshot of the open dynamics engine (release 0.11.1) renamed to ode-dbl in order to avoid conflicts with packaged single precision versions. It contains the capsule-box collision bugfix which is upstream (in svn)