Plugin allows to search for tree tops and perform tree crowns segmentation on orthomosaic. The approximate spatial resolution of input orthomosaic should be about 5 centimeters per pixel.
- Launch QGIS 3.x with Admin privileges
- Select Manage and install plugins.. command from the Plugins menu
- Search for Geoscan Forest plugin
- Install Geoscan Forest plugin
- Approve dependencies installation
- Add a raster layer with an orthomosaic to the QGIS project (Layer -> Add Raster Layer)
- Open the plugin window and select the path to the directory where to save the results in GeoJSON format.
- Click Compute button.
- Window size - you may set the size of the tile that is processed in one iteration of the work (too large tiles require a large amount of RAM)
- Crone segmentation - you may enable or disable crone segmentation depending on your needs
- Search area - you may perform tree search for whole orthomosaic or for given region - polygon
In case you install plugin via QGIS Plugin Installer, all dependencies will be installed automatically.
Manual dependencies instalation:
- Launch OSGeo4W Shell console with Admin privileges
- Make sure that default version of python is 3.x, if not use py3_env command
- Install dependencies:
python -m install scikit-image python -m install geojson [python -m install scipy] [python -m install shapely]
The plugin is licensed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2