Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The ImageIO-Ext Project
The ImageIO-Ext is an Open Source project that provides extensions, fixes and improvements for the standard Oracle Java Image I/O project such as:
- Support for the GDAL I/O library
- Support for reading/writing JPEG2000 files with Kakadu
- Improved support for reading/writing tiff files
- A Reader/Writer for JPEG images based on the libjpeg-turbo open source high performance library. More info can be found here
- A NITF plugin based on NITRO. More info can be found here
- A new PNG Writer with improved performances. More informations can be found here.
The ImageIO library provides support for encoding/decoding raster formats in Java. Some useful documentation on ImageIO can be found here.
See the documentation below for more information on the ImageIO-Ext project.
Releases and Downloads
Mailing Lists are currently hosted on the old java.net infrastructure here.
Working with ImageIO-Ext
Here below you can find links with useful information for working with ImageIO-Ext.
- Working with Maven
- [Continuos Build] (https://github.com/geosolutions-it/imageio-ext/wiki/ContinuosIntegration)
In case you want to enable ECW Decode support, it is mandatory you agree with the ECW Eula. Moreover if you want to support ECW Decode in a Server application you need to BUY a license from ERDAS.