What is Labelgun?
Labelgun is a mapping library agnostic labelling engine. It allows you to avoid cluttering in mapping popups and labels, providing precedence to labels of your choice.
The library makes three assumptions:
- Each label has a bounding rectangle (Min X, Min Y, Max X, Max Y)
- Each label has a weight
- You can provide a function that will hide and show a label (e.g. changing a CSS class or calling a mapping library method)
You can use labelgun in your project via npm such as:
npm install labelgun --save
Or if you're using
yarn add labelgun
You can also use a auto-generated CDN thanks to unpkg :
Docs and Demos
Check out the docs and demos live here
A nice interactive way to play with the demos locally is to use a hot reloading web server such as live-server:
npm install -g live-server
For instructions please see the DEVELOPING document.
- Vroom - Vehicle routing optimisation software
- OL Mapbox Style - Use Mapbox Style objects with OpenLayers
- qgis2web - A QGIS plugin to export a map to an OpenLayers/Leaflet webmap
Using Labelgun? Open a pull request and let us know!
Labelgun as an open source project was made possible thanks to Podaris.