What is this?
- This is a Bible Component for Joomla! version 3.x
- GetBible! Official site
- Detailed changes in the Changelog
What is getBible?
- getBible! is a Bible Component (API) which enables you to deliver the Holy Scripture in many languages on your Joomla website.
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful addon to Joomla and it requires a server with PHP and MySQL with the Joomla 3.x framework installed to run it. More details here about Joomla
Is getBible! for you?
- If your running a Joomla 3 Website and would like your own Bible on your website with no branding then getBible is for you.
Some help videos
- [How to install getBible] (https://getbible.net/main-component)
- [How to access component back-end] (https://youtu.be/T5dyhbsUKgo)
- [How to change to local API] (https://getbible.net/main-component?tab=2)
- [How to install local versions] (https://getbible.net/main-component?tab=3)
- [More technical advice on requirements] (https://getbible.net/main-component?tab=4)
- [How to add more/other language book names] (https://getbible.net/main-component?tab=5)
- [How to use tabs and notes] (https://youtu.be/0EjxVIM0rew)
What are the limits of getBible?
- The getBible component can be extended to actualy include any Bible available in the public domain.
- You can place the Scriptures on your website and make use of the getBible API which means no extra load on your server.
- Yet you can on the other hand install the versions/translations you would like and run the application locally, independently from the getBible API. This in affect will make your website a Bible API on its own, with the option to lock access to your API if needed.
Is it easy to change the layout display?
- There are style changes you can make in the component's global settings.
- The layout is controlled by templates that you can edit if you like.
Updates are free!
- Always use the latest version
Where can you get support and help?
- Copyright (C) 2013 Vast Development Method. All rights reserved.
- Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- See License details