🤴🏽 Hard-fork of Franz, adding awesome features and removing unwanted ones.
You can find the installers in the latest release assets.
Or use homebrew (macOS only)
$ brew cask install ferdi
(Don't know homebrew? brew.sh)
- Removes the counter-productive fullscreen app delay inviting users to upgrade
- Removes pages begging you to donate after registration
- Remove "Franz is better together" popup
- Remove bug that would incorrectly display unread messages count on some services (more info in 7566ccd)
- Makes all users Premium by default (#15)
- Using the Ferdi API instead of Franz's servers
- Add option to change server to a custom ferdi-server
- Add option to use Ferdi without an account (#5)
- Add "Private Notification"-Mode, that hides message content from notifications (franz#879)
- Add Password Lock feature to keep your messages protected (#41, franz#810, franz#950, franz#1430)
- Add an option to keep individual workspaces always loaded (#37)
- Add universal Dark-Mode via the DarkReader extension (#71)
- Add an option to auto-hide the menubar (#7, franz#833)
- Add "Quick Switch" feature to help you navigate a long list of services (similar to Rambox's Quick Switcher)
- Add "Service Hibernation" that will automatically unload services when they are unused
- Add "Scheduled Do-not-Disturb" feature in which you won't get notifications (similar to Rambox's Work Hours)
- Add CTRL+← and CTRL+→ shortcuts and menu options to go back and forward in the service browsing history(#39)
- Add option to show a browser-like navigation bar on all services
- Add option to change accent color
- Add portable version for Windows
- Add Process Manager to find services using a lot of resources
- Add "npm run prepare-code" command for development to lint and beautify code
- Add button to open darkmode.css for a service
- Switch to
electron-spellcheckerti improve application size
- Improve "About Ferdi" screen to better display versions
- Minifying build files to improve app size
- Makes it possible to edit the "Franz Todo" server
- Makes RocketChat self-hosted generally available (#6)
- Comes with a custom branding proper to Ferdi
Install OS dependencies
$ apt install libx11-dev libxext-dev libxss-dev libxkbfile-dev
$ dnf install libX11-devel libXext-devel libXScrnSaver-devel libxkbfile-devel
$ npm install --global windows-build-tools // Windows 10 $ npm install --global windows-build-tools --vs2015 // Windows 7
Clone repository with submodule
$ git clone email@example.com:getferdi/ferdi.git $ cd getferdi $ git submodule update --init --recursive
It is important you execute the last command to get the required submodules (recipes, server).
Use right NodeJS version
Please make sure you are running NodeJS v10 (v10.16.3 suggested). Versions above will throw an errow when trying to install due to an old fsevent dependency.
Fix native modules to match current electron node version
$ npm run rebuild
Run the following command to install all dependencies, and link sibling modules with Ferdi.
$ npx lerna bootstrap
If you previously ran
npm install it sometimes is necessary to delete your
node_modules folder before running
npx lerna bootstrap.
Start development app
Run these two commands simultaneously in different console tabs:
$ npm run dev $ npm run start
Be aware that the development database will be reset regularly.
$ npm run build
Deliverables will be available in the
$ git checkout develop && git pull && git checkout master $ git merge --no-ff develop $ git tag v5.3.4-beta.4 $ git push --tags
When pushing a new tag, the CI builds will create a draft GitHub release and upload the deliverables in the draft release assets. Wait for all the assets to be uploaded before publishing the draft release.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!