Gauge example in Ruby
This is an example project for doing web automation testing with Gauge. This project tests some of the functionalities of the active admin demo app. This app is hosted as a Java WAR (with embedded Jetty).
Running this example
The tests are run on Chrome by default.
This example requires the following softwares to run.
Setting up the System Under Test (SUT)
- Download activeadmin-demo.war
- Bring up the SUT by executing the below command
java -jar activeadmin-demo.war
- The SUT should now be available at http://localhost:8080/
You can execute specs as
bundle exec gauge specs
This runs Gauge specs with Maven.
This uses Chrome as default browser for specs execution. Make sure Chrome is installed in your machine and chromedriver is in PATH.
If you want to use Firefox/IE as browser, pass the corresponding argument to set browser environment as follows:
bundle exec gauge run specs --env="firefox" or bundle exec gauge run specs --env="ie"
Topics covered in the example
- Use Webdriver as base of implementation
- Specification, Scenario & Step usage
- Table driven execution
- External datasource (special param)
- Using Gauge with Selenium Webdriver
Copyright 2018, ThoughtWorks Inc.