Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.8.4. It fixes some bugs and adds new features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
- Refactor RSS feed generation to allow better plugin access
- Add Jupyter config as dependency for jupyter posts (by @knowsuchagency)
nikola plugin --list-installedmore readable (Issue #2692)
nowin post-list date conditions
RSS_COPYRIGHT_FORMATSoptions in conf.py which can be disabled by specifying
generic_rss_renderer, or overriden by specifying an explicit value.
- Write PID of detached
nikola serveprocess to a file called
- Append file name (generated from title) if
nikola new_postreceives directory name as path (Issue #2651)
- Add a
require_all_tagsparameter to the
post-listdirective to show only posts that have all specified tags. (Issue #2665)
META_GENERATOR_TAGoption in conf.py allowing the meta generator tag to be disabled (Issue #2628)
HTML_TIDY_EXECUTABLEto configure executables for built-in filters. (Issue #2615)
- Allow setting custom GUID in feeds (Issue #2378)
- Remove misplaced and duplicated meta description tags (Issue #2694)
- Fix crash if
PAGE_INDEXis enabled and make them actually work (Issues #2646, #2702)
NEW_POST_DATE_PATHwhen creating pages (Issue #2699)
post.updatedis timezone-aware (Issue #2698)
- Pass previously missing post object and language to reST compiler and language to Markdown compiler (for shortcodes)
- Fix crashes when rendering subcategories (Issue #2681)
- Prevent writing cache files outside of the cache folder (Issue #2684)
- Fix mimetype guessing in auto mode (Issue #2645)
- Fix filters.html5lib_xmllike for laters html5lib (Issue #2648)
- Skip the current post in post lists (Issue #2666)
- Fix poor performance when compiling multiple markdown documents with the markdown compiler. (Issue #2660)
- Fix crash if
False. (Issue #2654)
rruleif it exists (Issue #2653)