Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v7.8.8. It fixes some bugs, some related to metadata support, while also adding more internationalization features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
This release fixes two grave bugs in TOML metadata support (sorry!). The built-in themes have also been cleaned up and include less unused assets. In addition, taxonomies now support translations. HTML meta tags are also possible metadata sources. The default metadata format to generate can now be changed.
- Providing infrastructure for taxonomies for classification pages to link to related classifications in other languages
- Added alternate links (visible and header) for archives and authors (Issue #993)
- Added options to add alternative links (visible and header) for tags, sections and categories.
- New METADATA_FORMAT option to choose preferred metadata format (Nikola/YAML/TOML/Pelican) (Part of Issue #2801)
- Extract metadata from HTML meta and title tags like Pelican (Issue #1923)
- Update assets in the
base-jinjathemes and clean up code (Issue #2744)
- Show captions in the base theme gallery (Part of issue #2777)