GEX Firmware for STM32F072
This is the STM32F072 GEX firmware, supporting all STM32F072 GEX boards (including the F072 Discovery).
GEX repositories are mirrored on GitHub to make it easier to submit issues and propose improvements via "pull requests". Please use the upstream repository when cloning to ensure you have the latest version of the code. The mirrors are kept up-to-date, but they may fall behind.
- git.ondrovo.com/gex/gex-f072 - upstream (F072)
- git.ondrovo.com/gex/gex-core - upstream (GexCore submodule)
- github.com/gexpander/gex-f072 - GitHub mirror (F072)
- github.com/gexpander/gex-core - GitHub mirror (GexCore submodule)
Building the Firmware
Make sure you clone the repository recursively (
git clone --recursive ...), or run
git submodule update --init afterwards, to initialize the GexCore submodule.
In order to build the firmware, first copy the configuration file template
build.mk, modify as desired, then run
make to build the binary image (see the Make Targets
section below for more options).
Individual GEX units can be enabled or disabled in
build.mk, and the target platform (your GEX
board model) is selected here as well. The config file is excluded from version control.
Listed versions were used during development. Other (particularly newer) versions may work too, but without a guarantee. Please submit patches needed to fix incompatibilities, or at least let me know.
- arm-none-eabi-gcc (v8.1)
- arm-none-eabi-binutils (v2.30)
- arm-none-eabi-newlib (v3.0)
- make (GNU, v4.2)
- tr (GNU coreutils 8.29 - but any version should work)
- dfu-util (v0.9) for DFU flashing
- stlink (texane, v1.5) for ST-Link flashing
- make - basic build (recommended to use with
-jfor faster builds)
- make flash - flash using
- make dfu - flash using
- make clean - clean files generated during build
All make targets depend on all Makefiles, meaning any modification triggers a full (
rebuild the next time you try to build or flash the firmware.