Smart MySQL backup
Performs a backup of a local MySQL instance by dumping each table to a separate file. Uses GNU make to check modification times and only dumps tables modified since last backup. For InnoDb tables, requires innodb_file_per_table in my.cnf
How to install
Create a directory to hold MySQL backups and copy all files from this repo into it.
- Edit MySQL credentials in Makefile.db and tablelist.php
- Specify MySQL data directory in Makefile.db
- Customize DBs and/or tables to exclude from backup in tablelist.php
- Requires PHP to enumerate tables with ignore lists;
- DB user configuration must be written in two files.
- It works!! :-D