A simple tool to draw pixel fonts (outline-based bitmap fonts) in FontLab Studio.
Pixel brush was developed by Hartmut Bohnacker in 2005, based on one of the macro tools included in FontLab.
Distributed by Gustavo Ferreira.
- download the file Pixel125.py
- put it inside the folder
/Library/Application Support/FontLab/Studio 5/Macros/System/Tool
- re-start FontLab
Using the brush
- Create a new font (or open an existing one).
- Make sure the grid size of the glyph window is the same as the size of your brush (in
Preferences/Glyph Window/Grid Step).
- Open a glyph window.
- In the Macro toolbar, choose
Pixel125from the tools drop-down menu.
- Click on the canvas to start painting pixels.
- Have fun!
Customizing the brush
The size of the brush is set by the attribute
self.size (in line 11 of the code). Change this value if you want other element sizes.