- Uses fontTools to extract font tables as
- Uses Python’s difflib to make a diff between font tables.
- Download and unzip the extension package.
- Double-click the
.roboFontExtfile to install the extension in RoboFont.
…or get it via Mechanic.
Using the extension
- Use the Extensions menu in RoboFont to open the CompareOTFs dialog.
- Use the get font… buttons to select two OpenType fonts to compare.
- Use the get folder… button to choose a folder for the comparison output.
- Use the select tables… button to reveal a drawer with checkboxes for all supported OpenType tables.
- Use the checkboxes to select which tables you would like to compare.
- Use the compare fonts button to generate a set of diffs for the select tables.
Note: The more tables you select, the longer it will take for the script to build all files. Some font tables like
GPOS are particularly long.